Water is security. Without the water there will be nothing else. Water Is Life.
Writer & Journalist Frances Wiedenhoeft1-608-576-7416Sun - Fri
- The NY Times promised to fact check their new climate denier columnist — they lied April 29, 2017Times’ news staff trashes column on Twitter, while top scientist says paper is “willingly abetting climate change denialism.”Ad from The New York Times’ marketing campaign. Credit: The New York Times via AdAgeThe very first column the New York Times published by extreme climate science denier Bret Stephens is riddled with errors, misstatements, unfair comparisons, straw men, […]Joe Romm
- People’s Climate March draws 200,000 protesters as Trump flees to coal country April 29, 2017What environmental protest?Demonstrators sit on the ground along Pennsylvania Ave. in front of the White House in Washington, Saturday, April 29, 2017, during a demonstration and march. CREDIT: AP Photo/Pablo Martinez MonsivaisWASHINGTON, D.C. — It was hot. Of course it was hot.But the mood in the nation’s capital was surprisingly upbeat for a gathering of an estimated 200,000 […]Samantha Page
- Homeland Security set to hire ombudsman who worked at anti-immigrant hate group April 29, 2017Ombudsmans are supposed to be impartial.Brochures and a miniature flag awaits immigrants arriving for a naturalization ceremony at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on Tuesday, July 2, 2013, in New York. CREDIT: AP Photo/Bebeto MatthewsThe U.S. Department of Homeland Security is set to announce the appointment of a controversial former leader of an […]Esther Yu Hsi Lee
- Granddaughter of coal breaker becomes local leader against climate change April 29, 2017Not everyone in coal country was won over by Trump’s promises.A group of protesters from Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania attended the People’s Climate March on Saturday, April 29. CREDIT: Samantha Page/ThinkProgressFor six generations, Leah Zerbe’s family has worked the land in Pine Grove, Pennsylvania, about 30 minutes northeast of Harrisburg. Zerbe and her husband took over […]Samantha Page
- The NY Times promised to fact check their new climate denier columnist — they lied April 29, 2017