At the 452nd CSH in Afghanistan, civilian casualties would be brought by medivac helicopter, car, donkey and sometimes dragged in on blankets by relatives. Relatives who made it to the hospital and could pass security and Civil Affairs checks were allowed into the hospital and waited at the cot sides for days. They often congregated here to share news and a few moments of camaraderie and waited here if their relative was in surgery.
Writer & Journalist Frances Wiedenhoeft1-608-576-7416Sun - Fri
- Two major cities demand fossil fuel companies pay for climate damages September 20, 2017San Francisco and Oakland are the two latest cities looking to take major fossil fuel companies to court over their role in fueling climate change. City attorneys announced on Wednesday that they had filed lawsuits with state courts in San Francisco and Alameda counties alleging that a handful of fossil fuel producers not only contributed […]Natasha Geiling
- Key senator will evaluate Trumpcare with administration’s cooked analysis September 20, 2017A key Republican senator, who is likely to decide the fate of her party’s latest effort to repeal the Affordable Care Act and phase-out Medicaid, says she will rely on a Trump administration office with a history of producing cooked figures in order to determine whether to back the bill. Earlier this week, the Congressional […]Ian Millhiser
- Don’t believe the hype: Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles have flopped with drivers September 20, 2017Back in 2015, Tesla CEO Elon Musk explained why hydrogen fuel cell vehicles (FCVs) “are extremely silly” and why “hydrogen is an incredibly dumb” alternative fuel compared to electricity (see video below). But the entrepreneur also said, “there’s no need for us to have this debate. I’ve said my peace on this, it will be super obvious […]Joe Romm
- GOP senator says it doesn’t matter how bad the latest Obamacare replacement is – he’s voting for it September 20, 2017Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley thinks that Republicans have a “responsibility” to repeal the affordable care act, even if it leaves the country worse off. Speaking with reporters in his home state of Iowa, Grassley argued that the GOP had campaigned on repealing Obamacare so much that they were left with no choice but to carry […]Luke Barnes
- Two major cities demand fossil fuel companies pay for climate damages September 20, 2017