At the 452nd CSH in Afghanistan, civilian casualties would be brought by medivac helicopter, car, donkey and sometimes dragged in on blankets by relatives. Relatives who made it to the hospital and could pass security and Civil Affairs checks were allowed into the hospital and waited at the cot sides for days. They often congregated here to share news and a few moments of camaraderie and waited here if their relative was in surgery.
Writer & Journalist Frances Wiedenhoeft1-608-576-7416Sun - Fri
- 42 top economists were asked if the Trump tax plan would significantly grow the economy. 1 said yes. November 22, 2017Overhauling the tax code before Christmas would be a difficult task under “normal” conditions, yet Republicans in Congress are pledging to do just that with their tax bill. There’s just one big problem: It is a supremely poor tax plan that doesn’t provide middle-class tax relief while also serving as a substantial handout to the wealthy. […]Rebekah Entralg
- High stakes trial of inauguration protesters goes off the rails November 21, 2017WASHINGTON, D.C. — The second day of a landmark criminal trial with grim, sweeping civil rights implications often felt more like farce than tragedy on Tuesday. Prosecutors and defense attorneys have only just begun to wrestle over the facts in an unprecedented series of felony trials stemming from the mass round-up arrest of hundreds of […]Alan Pyke
- The FCC just decided to repeal net neutrality. Here’s why that’s really, really bad. November 21, 2017The days of a free and open internet are facing a twilight. On Tuesday, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) announced a sweeping repeal of the Obama-era net neutrality regulations, which prohibited Internet Service Providers (ISPs) from slowing down or blocking certain websites, or speeding up websites which agree to pay the corporations a fee. The […]Luke Barnes
- Trump stands by endorsement of Roy Moore, suggests women are lying November 21, 2017Before taking off for his Thanksgiving at Mar-a-Lago, President Trump took some questions from the press and finally responded to the multiple sexual abuse allegations against Roy Moore. “We do not need a liberal person — a Democrat” in that seat, Trump said. “He totally denies it. He says it didn’t happen. You have to […]Zack Ford
- 42 top economists were asked if the Trump tax plan would significantly grow the economy. 1 said yes. November 22, 2017