Warm room full of family whether they’re here or not.
Writer & Journalist Frances Wiedenhoeft1-608-576-7416Sun - Fri
- Second mistrial in Cincinnati leaves officer who killed Sam DuBose free June 23, 2017One week, three non-convictions in police killing trials.Hamilton County, Ohio, prosecutor Joseph Deters announces murder and manslaughter charges against University of Cincinnati police Officer Ray Tensing on July 29, 2015. CREDIT: AP Photo/John MinchilloDeeming the jury’s days-long deadlock hopeless, an Ohio judge declared a mistrial Friday in the case of University of Cincinnati police officer Ray Tensing.Tensing, […]Alan Pyke
- Missouri’s already severe abortion restrictions could get even worse June 23, 2017“This isn’t about having children. It’s about controlling women.”Abortion rights activists hold signs as they stand on the steps of the Missouri Capitol, Sept. 10, 2014, in Jefferson City, Mo. CREDIT: AP/Jeff RobersonMissouri is one of the most restrictive states for abortion access in the country. There is only one abortion clinic in the state, people […]Casey Quinlan
- GOP senator blasts Trumpcare for stripping coverage from ‘millions of Americans’ June 23, 2017Someone’s worried about his next election.Sen. Dean Heller (R-NV) CREDIT: AP Photo/Harry HamburgSen. Dean Heller (R-NV) is probably the most endangered Republican up for reelection in 2018. As of Friday afternoon, he now appears likely to vote against the Republican plan to phase out Medicaid and dismantle much of the Affordable Care Act.“It’s going to be […]Ian Millhiser
- Nebraska Democratic official recorded cheering Scalise shooting June 23, 2017The indefensible statements undermine the moral case for the preservation of the Affordable Care Act.Rep. Brad Wenstrup, R-Ohio talks on the phone as he walks past a damaged vehicle in Alexandria, Va., Wednesday, June 14, 2017, after a shooting where House Majority Whip Steve Scalise of La., and others, were shot during a Congressional baseball practice. […]Esther Yu Hsi Lee
- Second mistrial in Cincinnati leaves officer who killed Sam DuBose free June 23, 2017