Readers: Please excuse my ignorance, I didn’t properly research before I wrote, I just reacted.
Writer & Journalist Frances Wiedenhoeft1-608-576-7416Sun - Fri
- As five former presidents focus on hurricane relief, Trump plays golf October 21, 2017All five living former U.S. presidents are set to participate in a fundraiser for hurricane relief efforts on Saturday, but they won’t be joined by the current job holder — President Donald Trump is marking the occasion at his golf course. In a rare joint appearance, former Presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George […]E.A. Crunden
- Constitutional crisis deepens as Spain demands Catalonia elect new leaders October 21, 2017The latest chapter in Spain’s political upheaval unfolded on Saturday as Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy introduced plans to remove Catalonian leaders from their positions and call elections, asserting Madrid’s takeover of the region following a contentious independence referendum. Rajoy did not completely dissolve the Catalonian government as some had feared, but he did say […]E.A. Crunden
- The uninsured rate is rising as Trump successfully sabotages Obamacare October 21, 2017Providing some of the clearest evidence yet about President Donald Trump’s ability to undermine Obamacare even without the GOP votes in Congress required to officially repeal it, the national uninsurance rate is now on the rise. According to Gallup, which has been tracking the uninsurance rate since 2008, the percentage of Americans without health care […]Tara Culp-Ressler
- Ohio State won’t let Richard Spencer speak on campus, citing ‘substantial risk to public safety’ October 21, 2017Officials at Ohio State University won’t allow noted white nationalist Richard Spencer to rent space on campus, citing safety concerns after several of his supporters opened fire on counter-protesters at the University of Florida. The events in Florida, of course, aren’t the first time that a white supremacist event has recently turned violent. In August, […]Tara Culp-Ressler
- As five former presidents focus on hurricane relief, Trump plays golf October 21, 2017