There are so many factors that effect the health of our planet that are far outside of our control; like nuclear holocaust, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and apathetic.
I have pulled together a few very simple strategies for overcoming your environmental inertia. Granted, by themselves. they may feel small and inconsequential, but can several million people using 10 fewer gallons of water a day effect an aquifer over the course of a year? Everything matters.
- Take a 5 minute shower. 2 gallons a minute that all has to be cleaned and processed before it’s put back in the earth. Set the timer for 3 minutes, that way you have time to wrap it up.
- Pick up trash. Don’t wait for a collective effort by a local organization; grab a trash bag and some gloves and walk wherever suits you, picking up trash as you go.
- Buy local, organic, non GMO, small farm, and natural Eco friendly soaps and detergents. It’s a hit to the pocket book if your not used to buying this way. Do it just for 1 day and maybe it will help you pick and choose what you can do in the future.
- Walk, bike or bus where ever you have to go Saturday. You may even find you will want to do more.
- Use paper or reusable bags at the store. Plastic is killing our planet. http://www.takepart.com/article/2016/01/29/earth-becoming-plastic-planet
See, that was so easy I bet you even thought of some more!
Enjoy your day devoted to mother earth.
Children that pay with abandon; unplugged.